Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Simply the best

I'm talking about Denver radio's AM 760 morning show host David Sirota. Of all the talk radio I've ever listened to, he is the best I've ever heard. Maybe there are others I haven't heard of, and others that will come along, that are better, but right now, he is, for me, the gold standard on how to facilitate productive and informative discussion.

Sirota can be heard 7am to 10am Monday through Friday. Unlike a lot of talk radio, whether on the right OR left, Sirota tries to keep the discussion focused on real issues, and insists on guests and callers doing likewise. You cannot go onto his show and just spin or regurgitate talking points. Bring substance to the table, or be exposed. He does his homework and digs deeper than just about anybody I've read or heard.

As a progressive radio host Sirota also is refreshing in that he will not just shill for anybody. You being a Democrat or even a liberal doesn't make you immune from his scrutiny. You can listen to him not just by tuning your radio dial to that show but also on the AM 760 website

http://www.am760.net/pages/DavidSirota.html

No comments:

Post a Comment